Social media is constantly evolving! New apps and technology pop up every week, causing existing apps to change the way they operate by offering more features
Every week we round up the 5 Top Social Media Updates for the week:
- Twitter has given its Professional Accounts dashboard a new look, giving businesses the ability to see a quick overview of their account, from performance to added resources to help grow.
- Youtube announces all accounts will have an option to create a unique handle similar to other social media accounts. Users will have the ability to tag creators using the handle, making collaborating easier!
- Instagram wants to incentivize users to create Reels more often by testing out Achievement Badges. Similar to Snapchat Streaks, badges like ‘Trendsetter’ and ‘Creative Streak’ will appear only to the user.
- TikTok held its second global product summit to announce changes on the platform that will help brands to connect + co-create within the Tiktok community.
Shopping Ads — a 3-in-1 ad solution to make things ⭐siiiiimple⭐. Hit the link in bio for more info.♬ original sound – TikTok for Business
- Snapchat has been leading the pack with AR experiences, and they’ve released a new one just in time for Halloween! Combining AR and shopping, users can try on and buy Halloween costumes through the app!
Connect with Canadian Marketing News on social media today to stay up to date with the latest marketing trends!
- Twitter Launches Updated Professional Account Analytics Tab. (2022, October 9). Social Media Today. Retrieved October 14, 2022, from https://www.socialmediatoday.com/news/twitter-launches-updated-professional-account-analytics-tab/633658/
- Hutchinson, A. (2022, October 10). YouTube Launches @handles for Channels, Providing Another Way to Promote Your YouTube Presence. Social Media Today. Retrieved October 14, 2022, from https://www.socialmediatoday.com/news/youtube-launches-short-handles-for-channels/633740/
- NewsDesk. (2022, October 13). Instagram working on new achievement badges to incentivize reel creators. ExBulletin. Retrieved October 14, 2022, from https://exbulletin.com/tech/1868430/
- TikTok World: Building for the future of entertainment and advertising. (2022, October 13). Newsroom | TikTok. Retrieved October 14, 2022, from https://newsroom.tiktok.com/en-us/tiktok-world-2022
Malik, A. (2022, October 11). Snapchat Lets You Virtually Try On and Buy Halloween Costumes Within App. TechCrunch. Retrieved October 14, 2022, from https://techcrunch.com/2022/10/11/snapchat-virtually-try-on-buy-halloween-costumes-directly-within-app/