Social media is constantly evolving and changing! New apps and technology pop up every week, causing existing apps to change the way they operate by offering more features
Every week we round up the 5 Top Social Media Updates for the week and this week we have some key ones for content creators:
- Reddit has been developing its ad business, making it easier than ever for businesses to reach their target audience with effective campaigns. One of these updates is a live chat element – get direct support, right away!
- Twitter announced it’s expanding its throwback Status Update feature. There will be onew fun statuses to choose from, including “⚠️Spoiler Alert”, “🏆Winning”, and our personal favourite “✨That’s it, that’s the tweet”.
- Instagram is developing an in-app creator media kit! This will be a game changer for businesses that team up with creators by receiving pitches directly through the app.
@alihaleygrant I hope this new features launches soon!! Will be a great tool to use to present your value to brands. #instagram #instagramtipsandtricks #creatortipsandtricks #influencertipsandtricks #influencermarketing ♬ leave me – Anees
- Meta has announced a way to customize your feed by choosing to “See More” or “See Less” of the content pushed your way. No more wondering “Why am I seeing this?”
- TikTok has been the leader in video content, but now they’ve taken a page from Instagram’s book! Introducing Photo Mode, a way for creators to share photos in a slideshow.
Stay connected with our publication and follow for more!
- Hutchinson, A. (2022c, October 7). Reddit Rolls Out Updates to Ads Manager, Including New Targeting and Creation Tools. Social Media Today. Retrieved October 7, 2022, from https://www.socialmediatoday.com/news/Reddit-Updates-Ads-Creation-Targeting/633360/
- Perez, S. (2022, October 3). Twitter Expands Access to its Experimental Status Update Feature. TechCrunch. Retrieved October 7, 2022, from https://techcrunch.com/2022/10/03/twitter-expands-access-to-its-experimental-status-feature-but-not-to-its-paid-subscribers/
- Hutchinson, A. (2022c, October 2). Instagram Moves to Next Stage of Development with Creator ‘Media Kit’ Option. Social Media Today. Retrieved October 7, 2022, from https://www.socialmediatoday.com/news/Instagram-Moves-to-Next-Stage-with-Media-Kit-Creator-Portfolio/633126/
- Facebook, M. (2022, October 5). New Ways to Customize Your Facebook Feed. Meta. Retrieved October 7, 2022, from https://about.fb.com/news/2022/10/new-ways-to-customize-your-facebook-feed/
- Bell, K. (2022, October 6). Now TikTok is Copying Instagram with “Photo Mode.” Engadget. Retrieved October 7, 2022, from https://www.engadget.com/tiktok-photo-mode-instagram-194215693.html